Make our Monster!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Make our Monster!!!

Post by Novacat on February 1st 2011, 12:46 pm

Nevermind, I didn't realize that they had made First Strike so cheap; I guess it makes sense that it is worth less, since it only puts you ahead by one round. I would still say that is a little skimpy if enemies get a reasonable magic selection and work with your boost, but it will make it last at least as long as a spirit offensive would. Sorry for the mix up.
Novacat
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 125
High Path or Class : Paladin
Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Novacat on February 1st 2011, 7:14 pm

What do people think about this?

Soul Shield x1 (80), Affliction x4 (200), Spin x1 (90), Spirituality x3, Premeditation (100), First Strike (20), and 1560 HP

The Afflictions all wrap around to get maximum use of the second round spin. the Soul Shield protects you from spirit at least until the spin, at which point you take some spirit damage from a pure spirit opponent, then immediately have another soul shield. Affliction deters quick damage decks using EAs. To exhaust you before the second spin, they would have to do 36 will destruction or spirit and 13 spirit once there is no will; that is a little better than 3 spirit a round, but would open up a little possibility for Voodoo Head, Withering Touch, or Nightmare. Once the second spin is active, they would need to apply 9 willpower or spirit debuff, or used some stuns within the 5 rounds of the Spin to cut the extra actions, to make it out the other side. And, if I am right, they would need to do almost 80 dps over 20 rounds to cpb there way out, which is rather high.

As it is, it might not be optimal, but all the routes through seem rather difficult. If this could be looked at a little closer, that would be great.

I question what exactly would happen at the end of the second spin; that is, would most characters just drop dead when there spirit goes to zero or below from the bane on their last EA, or would they last until their next action. In the later case, they would likely win if they spirited the monster to zero during the second spin. A fifth affliction might fix this if it is a problem, but makes it easier to spirit the monster before the second spin.

Let me know what you think! Personally, I still like Xyel's Magic Mk 2, but this might start a productive new train of thought.

Edit: Note that a near full hyphused and other "ongoing boost and attack" charm deck would work against this, if they could create such a deck.

Last edited by Novacat on February 1st 2011, 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added weakness)
Novacat
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan on February 1st 2011, 9:54 pm

And here I had given up on spirit decks.

Nova's Spirit Monster: Soul Shield x1, Affliction x4, Spin x1, Spirituality x3, Premeditation, First Strike, and 1560 HP. This actually performs really well. No problems against spirit, this deck won't run out of charms until round 24, when it has dealt out enough spirit damage to snow even the most willpower-heavy opponent. Up against magic/melee, this monster lasts until round 18, when again, it should have snowed any type of opponent.

With a slight modification - adding purge right before the spin - this deck performs even better against magic/melee, and no worse against spirit. Turns out the loss of health from paying for purge is well worth it against a melee/magic opponent.

The only danger is cleanse. One enemy cleanse, and it is all over for this, and any affliction/spin deck. All in all, the best spirit design yet.

So now we've got three solid designs: magic (xyel's second design, most vulnerable to spirit and purge, but not really weak anywhere and purge will probably be rare), melee (tab's first or second design, maybe vulnerable to ongoing melee debuffs and purge, but that'd be rare), and spirit (novacat's design, most vulnerable to cleanse).

It'll be hard to pick just two.

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Number of posts : 3477
High Path or Class : Inquisitor
Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel on February 1st 2011, 10:31 pm

magic mk.III
soul shield, 5x infusion, absorb, first strike, premed, 3x spirituality. 1290 health total.

Its practically invincible to spirit and melee (they equally get about 3150 damage before doing enough damage). Crazy good magic + ward (with a ton of magic+ward charms like guidance of homan) might be able to do something, but that would be hard even with all-charms-available. Our used-for-testing magic gets 1800 damage before killing. Not weak to purge as it kills with 10th charm even when purged directly after the absorb.

1 more note - if the packs are the same they were in the colli tourney, then purge is about as common as cleanse - they were in the same packs, purge had higher rarity but there are 2 purge charms and at most 1 cleanse charm. /Im not sure if the packs were 42+ or higher/

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 269
High Path or Class : Mage
Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch on February 1st 2011, 10:53 pm

I have another guild if we wanted to try a third option.

Howie Feltersnatch
Retired Lieutenant General

Number of posts : 2900
High Path or Class : Berserker
Headshot : Estiah

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan on February 1st 2011, 11:53 pm

Howie Feltersnatch wrote:I have another guild if we wanted to try a third option.
Why doesn't that surprise me! Rolling Eyes

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle on February 2nd 2011, 1:42 am

Kaervaak just got promoted to guild master of Gladiators, so that's another testing ground

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Number of posts : 262
High Path or Class : Druid
Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel on February 2nd 2011, 5:14 am

So we got from "need to pick 2" to "need a 4th build". How nice xD

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Sweeper Arias on February 3rd 2011, 12:30 am

lessigfan wrote:And here I had given up on spirit decks.

Nova's Spirit Monster: Soul Shield x1, Affliction x4, Spin x1, Spirituality x3, Premeditation, First Strike, and 1560 HP. This actually performs really well. No problems against spirit, this deck won't run out of charms until round 24, when it has dealt out enough spirit damage to snow even the most willpower-heavy opponent. Up against magic/melee, this monster lasts until round 18, when again, it should have snowed any type of opponent.

With a slight modification - adding purge right before the spin - this deck performs even better against magic/melee, and no worse against spirit. Turns out the loss of health from paying for purge is well worth it against a melee/magic opponent.

The only danger is cleanse. One enemy cleanse, and it is all over for this, and any affliction/spin deck. All in all, the best spirit design yet.

So now we've got three solid designs: magic (xyel's second design, most vulnerable to spirit and purge, but not really weak anywhere and purge will probably be rare), melee (tab's first or second design, maybe vulnerable to ongoing melee debuffs and purge, but that'd be rare), and spirit (novacat's design, most vulnerable to cleanse).

It'll be hard to pick just two.

How about a Mind Focus in there?

"a violent, nameless agressor [sic]" -Warmaster Garves
Street Sweeper Arias
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 355
High Path or Class : Assassin

Headshot : I made your Icon.

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan on February 3rd 2011, 1:15 am

Street Sweeper Arias wrote:How about a Mind Focus in there?
Since the spirit would be from a bane, the ongoing spirit buff wouldn't affect the bane. The spirit damage charms are pretty lousy, so I couldn't think of a solid mind focus deck, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong (again).

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle on February 3rd 2011, 2:28 pm

Howl deck (from Remlin in gladiators)
Mind focus x 2, howl x 4, spirituality x 4

Could you run that through your spreadsheet lessig?

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel on February 3rd 2011, 4:17 pm

Tabernacle wrote:Howl deck (from Remlin in gladiators)
Mind focus x 2, howl x 4, spirituality x 4

Could you run that through your spreadsheet lessig?
I ran it through mine, it deals 58 spi dmg in 16 turns before it dies to melee/magic and 38 spi in 11 turns before it dies to spirit.

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch on February 3rd 2011, 5:41 pm

When is the deadline for getting our monsters in?

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Novacat on February 3rd 2011, 5:47 pm

My best take is

Soul Shield x1, Mind Focus x2, Growl x3, Spirituality x4, Premeditation, First Strike, and 1380 HP

It still doesn't fair so well against CPB, but I'll keep working on it. Let me know if you see any other concerns regarding this, as well as any other remarks.

Edit: Also falls short against alot of willpower.

Last edited by Novacat on February 3rd 2011, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fail to willpower)
Novacat
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Novacat on February 3rd 2011, 8:08 pm

Or maybe

Soul Shield x1, Mind Focus x3, Howl x4, Spirituality x2, Premeditation, First Strike, and 1020 HP

This seems a little weak for CPB as well, but that could be remedied by removing one Howl and adding a Cry or Growl for 180 or 240 HP, respectively.
Novacat
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan on February 4th 2011, 1:00 am

Howie Feltersnatch wrote:When is the deadline for getting our monsters in?
According to the front page, Wednesday 8th of February. I don't know why they don't put that in the forum thread, but what are you going to do.

I guess the next question is, which guild do we want to do what? I'm thinking maybe Xyel's 3rd magic for OOFM (soul shield, 5x infusion, absorb, premeditation, first strike, 3x spirituality) and tab's melee for OOBM (Tab's Titan, Titan, Soulshield, Steal Weapon, Strong Blow, Doubleclaw, premeditation, 5x spirituality, what about first strike?). It doesn't really matter which goes where though, and I haven't matched them against each other, so please post if you have strong feelings one way or another.

Howie & Tab - obviously you guys should pick whatever you want for your guilds, but I hope someone tries the spin/affliction deck that novacat got working, or some version of it (Soul Shield x1, Affliction x4, Spin x1, Spirituality x3, premeditation, first strike).

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch on February 4th 2011, 1:24 am

I've been somewhat following the thread, haven't really looked into it too much and have analyzed nothing. Feel free to tell me which one you want me to use.

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Tabernacle on February 4th 2011, 2:40 am

I'll take the spin/affliction deck. That sounds like fun

Tabernacle
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan on February 5th 2011, 9:23 pm

One idea I've had is to do the same melee deck as OOBM, with one tweak. Instead of strong blow, do assault (magic & melee). Absorb is going to steal both melee & magic modifiers, may as well use them. If that puts us over 1000 gold, we could just drop first strike, or swap absorb for mirror.

So it'd be : Titan, Titan, Soulshield, Absorb, Assault, and Doubleclaw, plus premediation, a bunch of spirituality, and first strike. Seems like the will from strong blow isn't necessary, thanks to soul shield. I think that could only hurt us if mixing up damage types makes it so our magic damage is always warded, and the 35 less melee is important.

Any concerns?

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by lessigfan on February 5th 2011, 9:35 pm

Hey, I'm really busy early in the week, so if no one has any objections, I'd like to make the OOBM tomorrow. I'm planning on doing: Titan, Titan, Soulshield, Absorb, Doubleclaw and Strong Blow [or assault], plus premediation, a bunch of spirituality, and first strike. Thoughts/concerns?

Howie: if you could do OOFM whenever you have time, that'd be great. The plan right now is Soul Shield, 5x Infusion, Absorb, with Premeditation, first strike, and 3x spirituality.

I think Tab is doing the spin deck: Soul Shield x1, Affliction x4, Spin x1, Spirituality x3, premeditation, first strike - which should be a lot of fun.

I'm really looking forward to this contest!

lessigfan
Retired General
Retired General

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Sweeper Arias on February 5th 2011, 11:48 pm

Careful, forum says Titan is bugged.

Street Sweeper Arias
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch on February 6th 2011, 12:59 am

lessigfan wrote:Howie: if you could do OOFM whenever you have time, that'd be great. The plan right now is Soul Shield, 5x Infusion, Absorb, with Premeditation, first strike, and 3x spirituality.

Done, left with 165 gold. Anyone have anything in particular they wanted for my other guild?

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyel on February 6th 2011, 4:38 am

I guess you all know but just to make sure - you need to use all of the special items for them to take effect... //got it from the estiah forums//

Xyel
Estiah
Estiah

Headshot :

Back to top Go down

Post by Howie Feltersnatch on February 6th 2011, 12:12 pm

Xyel wrote:I guess you all know but just to make sure - you need to use all of the special items for them to take effect... //got it from the estiah forums//

I did not, thanks for letting me know!!

Howie Feltersnatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Sweeper Arias on February 6th 2011, 7:35 pm

Will there be any way for players to distinguish monsters from each other? or will we just be served up a new monster randomly?

Street Sweeper Arias
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down